Africa is gradually making its transition to technology-enabled economies. In the last two decades, the continent has witnessed a rash of investments, policies and regulations targeting to improve the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure environment. The results have been a mix of blessings and disappointments. But Africa marches on.
Steady flow of investments helped by improving policy and regulatory environments have helped to upscale the ICT sector into a digital boom. There is a conscious drive in governments to lay the foundations for a vibrant digital economy driven by millions of the continents young innovative youths.
By consensual estimate, Africa’s digital economy will hover over $300 billion by 2025. Increasing digitalization of the economy is creating expansive opportunities across sectors with greater potential for more inclusive growth development.
Africa is at the verge of new unfettered opportunities leveraging technology and innovation – fully capitalizing on the expected boom in the digital economy.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
DEREK B. LARYEA
- To work for the development of Africa’s digital economy
- To create a synergy between the African tech, government & policy makers and other stakeholders to provide connectivity infrastructures necessary for digital economy
- To expand the window for engagements between industry stakeholders in order to advance the benefits of digital economy to all citizens
- To encourage development and promotion of innovations, e-commerce and the startup ecosystem
- To encourage investment in creating digital identity, data privacy, and identity related projects as part of expanding opportunities in digital economy
- To assist in the process of promoting affordable data, underprivileged children, young people, adults and families
- To endorse the human rights and in particular the rights of the children and young people as well as the rights of underprivileged groups and communities
To encourage and popularised voluntary work in respect of promoting digital economy across the continent