The ADEF Digital Economy Awareness Month is a global initiative to raise awareness of digital trends and their practical applications in daily life. It encourages people to embrace the digital economy at all levels and in all sectors, including the workplace, places of worship, and our communities.
The ADEF Digital Economy Awareness Month is a component of a historic initiative by stakeholders to encourage the use of digital tools for the expansion of our economy. It is a distinctive awareness campaign that will resonate by everyone in the value chain.
People are using new technologies more frequently and spending more time online; this growing dependence on technology, combined with the fear of cyberattacks becoming more real, calls for increased security and awareness in our online environment. This highlights the need for clear, straightforward advice to assist ensure safety. The ADEF Digital Economy Awareness Initiative offers materials on many technological fields and grants access to them, giving people the tools, they need to make better decisions.
Register on the website of the Africa Digital Economy Forum to find out how you can educate people of all ages about the Digital Economy. Organizations and individuals will learn about ADEF services, programs, and how they can use them to advocate for inclusion of the digital economy among their stakeholders.
Digital Economy Awareness Month.
November has been declared Digital Economy Awareness Month to help individuals, learn more about what the digital economy really entails, and how they can be part of it in general terms. Africa Digital Economy Forum leads an effort between government and industry to raise digital economy awareness month globally.
Digital Economy Awareness Month Theme: Digital Economy “The New Norm’’
This year’s opening campaign slogan, “The New Norm,” shows that, despite the impression that the digital economy is purely theoretical and nebulous, it ultimately revolves around individuals and how they use technology in their daily lives. In November, there will be a focus on “embracing the digital economy as the future,” and there will be information and resources available to assist in educating the public and ensuring that all people and organizations see the digital economy as an integral part of their daily lives, wherever they may be. We now urge you, everyone, to participate in this year’s initiatives by developing your own digital economy awareness campaigns and disseminating this content among your peers.
- For persons and families, we urge you to take responsibility for your own actions and become more technologically savvy. The digital economy has made sustainable E-commerce possible, which has altered the relationship between customers and enterprises. Due to the ease with which costs may be compared with just one click, affordable goods and services are readily available.
- For Organizations and Industries, The term “digital economy” is a portmanteau of the words “digital computer” and “economy,” and it refers to how traditional brick-and-mortar economic activities (such as manufacturing, distribution, and trading) are changing as a result of the internet.
- We urge anyone thinking about joining the digital economy to consider themselves a part of the future of the entire human species. We’ll be having discussions with leaders all across the world on how we can create a workforce for the digital economy that is larger, more varied, and committed to finding solutions to the issues that will keep everyone up to date and competitive in the digital age.
- We want our business partners to see themselves as contributing to the solution. That entails putting operational collaboration into action, cooperating to share information in real-time, lowering risk, and creating resilience from the ground up to safeguard the systems that everyone relies on on a daily basis.
5 Things you can do
Throughout November, ADEF will highlight key action steps that everyone should take:
- Share your digital stories: We utilize digital tools in our daily lives, and you will share with us a tale of how you use technology in your house and workplace around the world.
- Create awareness within your community: Inform as many people as you can in your community about the value of the digital economy and how it is influencing our future. Help them to see the digital economy as the new norm that they should accept and embrace.
- Go Digital: Make sure that every transaction you make this month is done digitally and in a way that promotes digital inclusion for all. Make an effort to enhance your business digitally both within your organization and relating to your clients.
- In school: dedicate an hour to educate your student on the importance of digitization.